We woke up around 10:30am, had a little breakfast, and showered. We were both pretty excited because at 2pm, our train would depart to Florence, where we will spend a week--our longest stay of the trip. As we lugged our bags through the cobbled, congested streets of Naples, it was nice knowing that we would not have to do traverse the Neopolitan streets again.
I am glad that we went to Naples though. It is much more of an Italian city than Rome and Venice and we were able to get a better feel for what like is like in Italy. Here is a typical street in Naples:
Elisha had booked the high-speed train for us to take from Naples to Florence. It was very comfortable, and I was able to watch a couple episodes of Downton Abbey. We got to Florence around 5pm, and we went to our B&B, which is only about 5-10 minutes from the central train station. We met our host Faly outside the building and he lead us up to an apartment on the 3rd floor. It is a shared apartment, with a private bathroom. I am excited that we will be staying here for a week. It is nice, with a good kitchen to relax in, a family room, and a big bedroom for Elisha and I.
Immediately after, we had to catch the bus for our pastry class.
Elisha had booked us the express train from Naples, which was




No comments:
Post a Comment