Today, after back to back day trips, we decided to have a more relaxing day in Naples. We had a long breakfast in the Airbnb and watched a few more episodes of Man in the High Castle, leaving only the 10th episode (series finale) left.
In the afternoon, we decided to check out a gelateria, Gay-Odin, but it turns out they no longer serve gelato. We did sample this chocolate covered, pistachio ice cream cones
So we walked some more...the nice thing about Naples is that there are about 1000x less tourists than in Venice and Rome, however it is difficult to walk through this city. Scooters are very popular and there are many places where cars and/or scooters are parked on the sidewalk forcing the pedestrian to go into the street, where a scooter can constantly whiz by you with literally no notice. But with every city, there has to be some good and bad.
Anyways, we did find another place, Gelateria Mennella, which is Elisha's new all-time favorite gelato, she had hazelnut and chocolate nut and later posted this review on Yelp:
"Absolutely delicious, the best gelato I've had in my life!! This gelato is served at the perfect temperature and has no iciness. It is smooth, creamy, and rich in flavor. Every flavor I sampled was delicious. I had a small cone, which was more than enough for me. (There was a baby cone, which I asked for, but it is only for actual babies). It was a big enough cone that it was dripping down the sides and I couldn't eat it fast enough...maybe next time I'd get a cup."
I had also wanted the baby size too, but alas, I had to make due with a small size :)
Then onto pizza. Naples is the birthplace of pizza and they are famous for two kinds of pizza: Pizza Margherita and Pizza Marinara. Margherita is mozzarella, tomato sauce and basil and Marinara is literally just crust, marinara sauce, garlic, and olive oil. We walked to Da Michele, a highly regarded pizza place considered one of the best in Naples.
One of the unique things about Da Michele, is that they ONLY serve Pizza Margherita and Pizza Marinara.
![]() |
| Pizza Marinara |
No extra toppings. Just the two pizza types and different sizes. They also sell beer, Coca Cola, and water. We selected Pizza Marinara, because we were pretty familiar with the Pizza Margherita at this point. It was really good.
While we were eating, the girl across from us was playing some sort of iPad game where the objective is to wash dishes.
After dinner, we walked home, about a 30 minute walk.and then finished the finale of Man in the High Castle. We are both looking forward to season 2 (Aaron a little more so :))




No comments:
Post a Comment